Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Easy recipe for the most tender grass-fed beef tenderloin
Write a review
- Ramsay Hill Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin
- Olive Oil (or butter)
- Organic Sugar
- Rub entire Tenderloin with olive oil or butter
- Cover in pepper and sugar
- Sear the tenderloin on 3 separate sides on a med-hot grill creating a nice, dark, outer crust on all three sides. We did this inside so we used a cast-iron skillet on Med-High on the stove to sear.
- Do not sear any longer than is necessary to produce a crispy crust (No more than 3 minutes per side)
- Place seared tenderloin on wire rack in open roasting pan (or cast iron skillet) and into a 325ºF oven
- After 15 minutes in the oven, check the temperature of the center core of the meat with a meat thermometer to see if it has reached 135ºF
- Continue checking until the core reaches 135ºF
- When the center core of the tenderloin reaches 135ºF remove roasting pan from oven and place on cooling rack. This will yield a rare to medium rare center with more done-ness towards the outsides.
- Season with salt after the tenderloin has cooled for 10 minutes.
- Medium rare occurs at 140ºF, but the roast continues to cook after it is removed from the oven
- If you like it very rare, then remove when core reaches 130ºF.
Ramsay Hill :: Texas Grass-fed Beef https://ramsayhill.com/