Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Easy recipe for the most tender grass-fed beef tenderloin
Write a review
- Ramsay Hill Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin
- Olive Oil (or butter)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rub entire Tenderloin with olive oil or butter
- Rub in salt and pepper to taste
- Sear the tenderloin on 3 separate sides on a med-hot grill creating a nice, dark, outer crust on all three sides. We did this inside so we used a fry pan on Hi on the stove to sear.
- Do not sear any longer than is necessary to produce a crispy crust (No more than 3 minutes per side)
- Place seared roast on wire rack in open roasting pan and into a 425ºF oven
- After 15 minutes in the oven, check the temperature of the center core of the meat with a meat thermometer to see if it has reached 135ºF
- Continue checking until the core reaches 135ºF
- When the center core of the tenderloin reaches 135ºF remove roasting pan from oven and place on cooling rack. This will yield a rare to medium rare center with more done-ness towards the outsides.
- Medium rare occurs at 140ºF, but the roast continues to cook after it is removed from the oven
- If you like it very rare, then remove when core reaches 130ºF.
Ramsay Hill :: Texas Grass-fed Beef https://ramsayhill.com/