What is Grass-Fed Beef? Cows are herbivores which means they were designed to live on grass. When they are fed grain/feed/corn/candy their bodies do not digest properly and sickness results. Grass-fed beef comes from cows that were fed their natural diet of 100% grass. This results in a product that is good for the environment, good for the animals and good for you. And not to mention, the taste is far superior to conventional, store-bought beef.
Grass-Fed Beef is better for the cows. One look (or smell) of a concentrated animal feeding operation (feedlot) and something inside you knows that something just isn’t right. Cows were not designed to stand knee-high in feces in confined space and forced to eat a diet of antibiotic-laced feed out of a trough. The hormones and antibiotics administered to cows in feedlots still remains in their meat even after processing and cooking and has been a subject of scrutiny and legislation. • Now, close your eyes and picture happy cows grazing on lush green grass with open space to roam in a humane, healthy and low-stress environment. This is the life our cows enjoy at Ramsay Hill.
Grass-Fed Beef is better for the environment. Factory farms output such massive amounts of waste in dense concentrations that they are destroying the earth around them and contributing to soil degradation, water pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions. Also, the hormones and antibiotics administered to cows at these operations can leech into ground water and negatively impact local ecosystems. Cows managed properly on open pasture where they feed on 100% organic grass, actually stimulate increased levels of soil fertility – healing the land and creating a positive carbon footprint.
Grass-Fed Beef is better for you. Grass-fed beef not only tastes better but it is packed with so many nutrients that it is one of the healthiest foods you can put in your body. Incase you still need some convincing, here are some of the health benefits of grass-fed beef:
- LEAN : grass-fed beef has 1/2 the amount of fat found in chicken! It also has 80% less fat, 30% less cholesterol and substantially fewer calories than conventional, grain-fed beef. In fact, if you eat the average amount of beef for an American, switching to grass-fed beef will reduce your annual diet by more than 16,000 calories.
- 10x MORE BETA-CAROTENE : studies show beta-carotene is important for stimulating the immune system and maintaining healthy vision, skin and bones.
- 4x MORE VITAMIN E : research shows that Vitamin E helps prevent cardiovascular disease and prevent cancer
- 3x MORE OMEGA-3 : Omega-3 fatty acids are the heart healthy fats that our bodies need to regulate the bad fats. Studies show that Omega-3 reduces blood pressure, prevents cardiovascular diseases, prevents arthritis, prevents/treats depression, slows the growth of many cancers and maintains healthy brain function.
- 3x MORE CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) : a very powerful fatty acid that has been linked to long-term weight management and health. CLA is a potent ally for combating high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, inflammation and multiple types of cancer.